ACSI is a member of and active participant in the following domestic forums:
- ASX Corporate Governance Council
- Business Reporting Leaders Forum (BRLF)
- Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC)
- PRI Australian Advisory Committee
Non-government organisations (NGO) and multi-stakeholder engagement
We are regularly involved in multi-stakeholder groups set up by government agencies or industry bodies to address policy-level ESG issues and risks. These forums provide us with the opportunity to represent our members in important cross-sector initiatives, and afford useful intelligence to feed into our company engagement and advocacy programs.
ACSI meets with NGOs to discuss ESG concerns and campaigns. This provides us with the opportunity to explain the general superannuation industry perspective and to receive additional information and inputs that can enhance our company engagement and advocacy work. These discussions allow for a constructive exchange of information without interfering with our members’ discretion to manage their fund as they see fit.
ACSI members are increasingly investing overseas. To ensure their voices are heard in the development of best practice corporate governance internationally, we have built a strong network of worldwide investors and organisations and actively support regulatory improvements in global markets.
We cultivate relationships with international peer organisations to promote the exchange of knowledge between Australian and overseas profit-for-members superannuation or pension funds, as well as collaborating on campaigns and company engagements where appropriate.
We are a member of the following international forums:
- Asian Corporate Governance Association (ACGA)
- Council of Institutional Investors (CII) (USA)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN)
- Global Network of Investor Associations (hosted by ICGN)
- Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) - Louise Davidson is a director on the board of the IIRC
ACSI became a signatory to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in October 2006 and is an active participant in the PRI’s global and regional activities.
We encourage our members to sign up to the PRI, as many have done, and can provide a range of services to assist members who wish to become a PRI signatory. We also provide practical advice and frameworks to assist members to implement the PRI guidelines, including:
- Assisting members to incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Assisting members to be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- Encouraging appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by S&P/ASX 200 companies in which our members invest
- Promoting acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- Working together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- Assisting members to report on their activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Visit the PRI's website to find out more.